If you suffer from unexplained headaches or jaw pain, or you notice “locking” or “clicking” sounds when opening or shutting your mouth, you may have a disorder related to your temporomandibular joint (TMJ). At Groth Dental, your dentist can examine your jaw to determine the source of your pain and provide you with Bingham Farms TMJ treatment to help:
- Relieve your jaw pain and discomfort
- Stop annoying jaw popping when opening and closing your mouth
- Reduce or eliminate unexplained headaches
- Relieve tension in your neck and shoulder area
- Make mealtimes more manageable and enjoyable
Call us today at 248-965-4108 to get the TMJ help you deserve! We’re located at 32100 Telegraph Road, Suite 195 – not far from Franklin Cider Mill.
Let Us Help You Relieve TMJ Pain
Temporomandibular disorder (TMD) is caused by a disorder in the TMJ. This small, complex joint connects your jaw to your skull and is located directly below your ears. It’s responsible for helping you move your jaw when you open your mouth, and it allows you to speak and chew properly.
If this joint becomes damaged, infected, or inflamed, it may begin to cause painful symptoms, such as difficulty opening your jaw, radiating pain and headaches, and soreness. Depending on the causes of your pain and your unique situation, there are several ways to successfully treat your TMJ problems:
- Simply minimizing your jaw movement may help, such as avoiding excessive gum chewing that can cause strain on your TMJ.
- A custom mouthguard to prevent teeth clenching may be enough to resolve the disorder.
- Corticosteroids may also be injected into the joint to relieve inflammation.
- Prescription anti-inflammatory drugs may be recommended for some patients.
- Surgery is usually the last resort and is only required in the most serious cases of TMD.
When you come in for your initial consultation and exam, your dentist will discuss all your options, working hand-in-hand with you to develop an effective, comprehensive treatment plan.
Don’t suffer in pain any longer! Call us today for effective TMJ treatment in Bingham Farms: 248-965-4108. You can also request an appointment for TMJ help or schedule your next regular checkup using our online form.