Most people are under the impression that a root canal is one of the most painful dental procedures there is. In actuality, however, root canal treatment is no more uncomfortable than getting a tooth filled, especially when performed by Dr. Groth or Dr. Miller. Our Bingham Farms root canals will help:
- Put an end to the throbbing pain caused by your diseased tooth
- Prevent further damage to your other teeth and gums
- Make biting and chewing comfortable again
- Prepare your tooth for restoration with a new crown
Call Groth Dental today at 248-965-4108 to make an appointment so you can feel better soon. We offer same-day emergency appointments whenever possible. Besides Bingham Farms, we also serve the communities of Beverly Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Village, Franklin, Birmingham, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield, and Berkley.
Get Out of Pain Fast With a Root Canal
Contrary to what most people believe, root canal therapy is designed to eliminate your dental pain, not cause you more of it. If the inner part of your tooth (known as the pulp chamber) becomes infected, you can experience intense pain. The pulp can become diseased either through an untreated cavity or by an injury to the tooth that lets bacteria in.
Either way, the result is the same – root canal treatment will be necessary to stop your pain, repair the tooth, and save it from extraction. We’ll make sure you’re fully numb before we begin any work, plus you can receive inhaled laughing gas if you need a little extra help relaxing. We even offer pillows, blankets, TVs, headphones, and private patient care rooms to help you feel comfortable.
Here’s what your dentist will then do:
- Use special tools to clean out the diseased part of the tooth
- Sterilize the tooth with medication
- Fill the tooth with a rubber-like material known as gutta-percha
- Recommend capping the tooth with a crown to strengthen it, restore your chewing capacity, and prevent further problems
Bingham Farms root canals can be a pleasant experience, especially at Groth Dental. Call us today at 248-965-4108 to schedule an appointment. Don’t keep suffering in pain!