Most of us know that we should visit the dentist twice a year, but have you ever thought about why? Below are five good reasons for regular checkups.
- Preventive Care: Regular dental checkups and cleanings can help prevent dental problems from occurring or allow us to catch them in their early stages, which can save you from more serious and expensive dental work later on.
- Early Detection of Dental Problems: During a dental checkup, your dentist can identify potential dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, or oral cancer. Early detection can help prevent these issues from progressing and becoming more severe.
- Professional Cleaning: Even with good brushing and flossing habits, it’s difficult to remove all plaque and tartar from your teeth. Professional cleanings can help remove any buildup and prevent tooth decay.
- Oral Health Education: Dr. Groth can provide guidance on proper oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing techniques, and recommend products such as toothpaste or mouthwash that are specific to your needs.
- Overall Health: Oral health is connected to overall health, and regular dental checkups can help identify and prevent issues such as heart disease, diabetes, and other health conditions that may manifest themselves in the mouth.
Call Groth Dental today at 248-965-4108 to schedule your next dental cleaning and exam. You can also make an appointment .